- Venue: Hotel Excelsior, Lovran, Croatia, 31 May – 3 June 2023
- Organizer: Croatian Library Association, Division for special and academic libraries
- Co-organizers: National and University Library Zagreb and University Library Rijeka
Conference Theme: Inclusivity: The path to “open” libraries
This year’s conference theme will be covering the topics of:
- Cultural and Scientific Heritage in Digital Environment
- 21st Century Literacy
- Open Science
- Cultural and Creative Industry: How Libraries and Creative Industries are Interrelated
- Empowering Libraries through Innovation – Enhancing Innovation through Libraries
Cultural and Scientific Heritage in Digital Environment
- Digitization and e-culture projects
- Long-term preservation of digital material
- Presentation of cultural (artistic) and scientific heritage
- Guidelines for developing and managing library collections
- Programs for processing of library material in special libraries – positive and negative experiences
21st Century Literacy
- Information literacy and related topics (media literacy, digital literacy, scientific literacy, civic literacy, multicultural literacy and other types of literacy)
- Knowledge Management Competencies of Librarians
- Information Credibility
- The role of higher education and special libraries in open dialogue in and outside scientific institutions
- Metrics and monitoring of scientific productivity in the context of open science
- The future of open science
- Citizen science
Cultural and Creative Industry: How Libraries and Creative Industries are Interrelated
- Presentation of cultural content through new technologies and media
- The role of academic and special libraries in cultural industry
Empowering Libraries through Innovation – Enhancing Innovation Through Libraries
FORMS OF PRESENTATION
• Round table
• Poster Gallery
Registration for participation in the conference is available via the online registration form.
Submission deadline: 1 April, 2023
Abstract submission deadline: 1 April, 2023
Paper Acceptance Notification: 7 April, 2023
Presentations should be submitted through online tool Sciencesconf.org.
Payments from the homeland IBAN: HR3423600001101451830
When paying the registration fee, please indicate: Last name, first name; for 18th days.
After receiving the payment, HKD will issue an e-invoice. If you are required to pay by invoice or proforma invoice, please contact the HKD at office firstname.lastname@example.org or +385 91 604 7214.
Payments from abroad Bank: Zagrebačka banka d.d., Trg bana Josipa Jelačića 10, Zagreb, Croatia IBAN: HR3423600001101451830 SWIFT CODE: ZABAHR2X
Bank costs for payments outside the EU are fully borne by the payer. The deadline for paying early bird registration fee is April 15, 2023.
|Registration fee||HKD members||Non-members||One-day fee (HKD members)||One-day fee (non- members)|
(Before 15 April, 2023)
|80 EUR||90 EUR||30 EUR||40 EUR|
From 15 April, 2023)
|90 EUR||100 EUR||40 EUR||50 EUR|
Accommodation for participants at special accommodation prices is provided in Hotel Excelsior****, Lovran. Participants book their accommodation directly via Access code / promo code on the website: www.liburnia.hr.
Hotel Excelsior****, Lovran provides accommodation for participants at special rates.
Please book your accommodation directly via the access code / promo code on the website: www.liburnia.hr.
After selecting the room type and date, please enter the Access code / promo code: HKD23, at the following link.
Price per room and day (bed and breakfast):
89.00 EUR single room
119.00 EUR double room
Price per room and day (buffet breakfast and dinner included):
105.00 EUR single room /
149.00 EUR double room
Notification about the possibility of organised transport from Zagreb will be posted on the conference website shortly.